Thursday 7 January 2010

2009 review, part Two: Sarah!

Gig of the year

Fleetwood Mac at Wembley Arena 30th October - in part due to an odd incident where Lindsey Buckingham laughed at me for stroking his shoe even though it was my friend SHANTI. And his snigger at me when I cried that it wasn't me. For someone who wears a t-shirt with his face on pretty much every other day (ok, every day) and worships at his guitar it was a pretty amazing/weird moment. Also loved playing his guitar and Shanti's desperate cries to get Stevie's attention. Oh, and the music, obviously. Never thought I'd see them play Sara. I also though Nico Muhly was incredible at ATP in May.

Fleetwood Mac - Sisters of The Moon, live 1982 Mirage tour



Album of the year

Cass McCombs - Catacombs.
He is so underrated. I'm convinced that the UK will come to its senses, albeit 5 years late. It's a real grower too. I've been excited about a lot of other albums this year only for them to get boring pretty quickly but this is for keeps.

Cass McCombs- You Saved My Life



Disappointment of the year

My friend's gorgeous puppy died. RIP coal.
Not getting one of Lindsey Buckingham's plectrums. Lindsey, if you are out there, I want a plectrum. And come to the UK and play solo too.

Tip for 2010

Veronica Falls - genius 4 piece from ex member of The Royal We. Listen to the brilliant Found Love in A Graveyard or catch them live: http://www.myspace.com/veronicafallshard

Pre-order the 7" here: www.insound.com/Veronica_Falls_Found_Love_in_a_Graveyard__PREORDER_7inch/productmain/p/INS70877/

Archie Bronson Outfit - they FINALLY return with a 3rd album 'Coconut' after the acclaim (Mojo's albums of the year #5 /Southbank Show Award) of their second, Derdang Derdang. They're playing a small album warm-up show at The Lexington on January 27th and tour in March.

www.myspace.com/archiebronsonoutfit

Archie Bronson Outfit - 'Coconut' trailer

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment