Saturday 9 January 2010

2009 Review: Part Three, Woody

Woody works on national and Student press and is a production runner for ATP festivals. Also runs his own shows in London and his home town of Norwich.


Gigs of the Year:


Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds at Latitude 2009 - The band rocked harder than any I have seen in recent years and got me dancing in ways I remember only from my youthful youth.


Boredoms performing 9 Drummer Boardrum in ATP NY - One of the drummers lifted to the stage on a riser through the crowd, massive 6 guitar setups and some of the most incredible drum work I have and doubtless will ever see.




Albums of the Year:

St. Vincent - I love this record, gorgeous melodic sections backed up by some excellent beats and heavy guitar work you just don't see coming. Give 'Marrow' a spin and see what I mean



Bear In Heaven - Forget the new wave of jangly 80s crap, this album has the big drum sounds, the melodies and the huge scope, but fails to be nothing less than awesome in any way.




Disappointment(s) of the Year


My Bloody Valentine - Well done for getting in the spirit guys!


Most Ridiculous Moment of the Year

ATP New York, the whole thing was just ridiculous.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment